Start city: Mandalay (Myanmar)
End city: Hanoi (Vietnam)
Duration: 10 Days 9 Nights
Departure: Private Tour. Daily, upon your request.
Cities to visit: Mandalay - Bagan - Yangon - Hanoi - Ha Long Bay
- Extendable with optional tours from Mandalay (Myanmar) and from Hanoi (Vietnam).
- Witness the monk education & life in Mandalay
- Enjoy the sunset over beautiful, ancient temples in Bagan
- Explore colonial architecture & bustling streets of century-old capital city Hanoi
- Experience the majestic overnight cruise at Halong bay, UNESCO World Heritage site
Upon arrival to Mandalay International Airport, our guide and driver will be waiting for you outside the baggage area to transfer you to the hotel in the city center. Mandalay, a city founded in 1857 as the capital by King Mindon. The Mandalay Palace boasts finely built regal walls and a beautiful moat surrounding her fortress. Mandalay is the principle center for Buddhism studies in Myanmar. In the evening, savor a welcome dinner of authentic Burmese food at one of Mandalay’s finest restaurants.
Meals: Welcome Dinner
Accommodation: Hotel in Mandalay
Day 2: Mandalay – Sagaing – Amarapura
Known as the hub of Buddhism in Myanmar, Mandalay is a realm of stupas, monks and monastery. The most fascinating visit will be the time to behold the monks doing their worship and having meals.
In the morning, drive to Amarapura. Being famous for Mahagandaryone Monastery Amarapura is the best place to experience the monk life in Mandalay. Every day at mid-morning, monks and novices line up silently to receive their daily offering of alms and food from faithful Buddhists.
Next, head to Sagaing, discover the monk education, visit Budda cave, Uminthonze pagoda and Sunooponnyashin pagoda. Behold the panoramic view of Mandalay.
We then cross the river by ferry to Inwa (Ava), situated on the banks of the Irrawaddy River. Once a royal capital, Inwa is now a quiet rural oasis. Enjoy a horse cart ride around the peaceful countryside, visiting Bagaya Kyaung, a beautiful teak wood monastery, Maha Aungmyay Bonzan Kyaung, and Nan Myint tower.
End of the day, walk over Ubein Wooden Bridge, the longest teakwood of its type & enjoy great sunset view here.
Accommodation: Hotel in Mandalay
Day 3: Mandalay – Migun – Mandalay Hill – Fly to Bagan
Drive to Mandalay pier and embark on a private boat upstream to visit Mingun, famed for its huge and incomplete Pahtodawgyi Pagoda and Mingun Bell, the 90 tons ringing bell. In the afternoon, visit Mandalay Palace, Shwenandaw Monastery – noted for its exquisite wood carvings, gold leaf beating workshop, Kuthodaw Pagoda – known as the world biggest book before getting transferred to the airport for flight to Bagan.
Accommodations: Hotel in Bagan
Day 4: Bagan Discovery
Start your tour with a trip to the bustling Nyang U Market in Old Bagan then explore the beautiful, gold-leaf Shwezigon pagoda and learn about the Burmese Buddhist tradition. We continue our tour with a visit to Ananda temple, stopping along the way in the Bagan plain to admire some of the surrounding temples. In the afternoon, take a tour of a local lacquer wear workshop and learn about this traditional craft.
Finish the day with the panoramic sunset view from one of the temple in Bagan.
Accommodations: Hotel in Bagan
Day 5: Bagan Sightseeing – Fly to Yangon
After breakfast, we start with the exotic horse cart to one of the biggest temple in Bagan: Nan Paya pagoda and many other interesting sites nearby, continue with sightseeing to Minkaba Gubyaukyi Temple, experience the architectural difference in MyaZedi pagoda before heading to Manuha Temple. Fly to Yangon in the afternoon
Accommodation: Hotel in Yangon
Day 6: Yangon city Tour – Fly to Hanoi
Today we arrange a guided city tour exploring Yangon and its highlights from Sule pagoda, the heart of Yangon city; Chaukhtayi pagoda and Kandawgyi Lake, discover the most outstanding pagoda in Yangon: Shwedagon pagoda. The golden pagoda is really a must see while you are in Myanmar. If time is available, you will have your shopping time in Scott market before transfer to the airport for the late afternoon flight to Hanoi. On arrival, the guide and driver will pick you from the airport and transfer to hotel in the city central.
Accommodation: Hotel in Hanoi.
Day 7: Hanoi City Tour
Today you have a full day to explore Vietnam’s charming capital. With its wide tree-lined boulevards, French colonial architecture, peaceful lakes and ancient oriental pagodas, Hanoi is an eclectic mix that offers something for everyone. Your city tour will take you to Hanoi’s key sites: the Ho Chi Minh Complex (Ho Chi Minh’s Mausoleum and stilt house); the Presidential Palace; the nearby One Pillar Pagoda; the Temple of Literature; West Lake; the sedate Tran Quoc Pagoda & Quan Thanh Temple; and one of the city’s museums (a choice between the History Museum and the Ethnology Museum). In the evening enjoy a traditional Water Puppet Performance – a unique Vietnamese art form hailing from Southeast Asia’s wet-rice culture.
Accommodation: Hotel in Hanoi
Day 8: Hanoi – Halong bay Cruise
Enjoy breakfast at hotel before setting out on a 3 to 4 hour drive to the UNESCO World Heritage site: Halong Bay. Here you will spend 24 hours on a traditional Junk Cruise in the amazing Halong Bay: a natural wonderland composed of jutting limestone islands and sparkling turquoise waters. Arrive at the dock around noon and board your junk. Savor a gourmet lunch of fresh seafood onboard as we sail out into the mystical bay. In the afternoon, we will cruise around some of Halong’s numerous islands. We will visit one of the most beautiful caves on Halong Bay. Stop at an island cove with a sheltered white-sand beach and take a dip in the warm waters of the Gulf of Tonkin (if the weather will allow us to). Spend the night on the junk, lulled to sleep by the gentle rocking of calm waters.
Meals: Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner
Accommodation: On board.
Day 9: Halong Bay Cruise – Hanoi
Awake early and participate in Tai Chi exercises on the top deck or simply relax and enjoy the sunrise over the bay’s towering islands. Enjoy a morning cup of coffee or tea, before setting out to explore nearby islands by rowboat. Return to the junk for breakfast then take advantage of the sundeck and admire the amazing rock formations of Bai Tu Long Bay as we will navigate back to Halong City. Your cruise ends at noon and our driver will meet you at Halong Pier to take you back to Hanoi.
Accommodation: Hotel in Hanoi
Day 10: Hanoi – Departure
Enjoy breakfast at the hotel before driving to the airport to catch your departure flight home.
How do I pay when I want to book this tour?
- We accept payment by debit/ credit card (Visa, Master, Amex), cash and bank transfer.
When you confirm a booking with us, we will send you our online payment link or bank details to deposit 30% of the total tour cost. The balance will be due as soon as you arrive in Cambodia. Our travel consultants will give more details via email about payment instruction.
Are the rates displayed per person or per room?
- The prices shown on our website are per person based on twin/ double accommodation.
I am wonder if it is a private or a group tour?
- We only arrange private holidays and adventures – for a solo traveler, couples, families or a party of friends (no min or max passengers) – rather than impersonal group tours. You are never just another seat number. Our purpose is to offer the best travel experience at the keenest price.
Are taxes and service charges included in rates?
- Yes. The prices are inclusive of all taxes and service charges.
Any surcharges if my travel dates are during Christmas or New Year Holidays?
- The rates are regular price and they are not included a compulsory dinner (Gala dinner) on the day of Christmas or New Year Eve. Surcharges depend on specific hotels you stay at, so our travel consultants will give further information to you in communications.
What meals are included?
- Our tours include daily breakfast at hotels and some other meals as stated in the itinerary (see day by day).
Is the tour with fixed departure dates, accommodations?
- No fixed departure dates and an extensive choice of hotels – your holiday, your way. You can depart on any dates at your favor, stay at any hotels on your special interest. Just give your ideas to us then we will customize the tour with best offer for you.
How to change or cancel my reservation?
- We only run private tour, so the itineraries are very flexible. You can change or amend your schedule in advance or during your trip but surcharge maybe applied according to our contract with local suppliers, hotels and airlines. Regarding cancelation terms, please check out this link: Terms & Conditions
Is myanmartours.com trusted
- www.myanmartours.com is a member of and operated by Asia Travel & Leisure Management Group. More information about us at: www.asiatravelandleisure.com
WANT TO ASK A QUESTION?
- 3 Domestic & regional flights: Mandalay – Bagan – Yangon – Hanoi
- Overnight cruise in Halong Bay
- Accommodation with daily breakfast at selected hotels
- Private tours, transfers and all services as mentioned in the itinerary
- Services of a private driver and air-conditioned vehicles
- Service of English speaking guides in every location
- Entrance fees for all mentioned sights visited
- Meals as mentioned in the itinerary
- International flights
- Meals other than those mentioned in the itinerary
- Early check-in and late check-out at hotels
- Personal expenses (such as laundry, telephone, drinks, etc.)
- Tips for guides and drivers
- Personal travel insurance
- Myanmar & Vietnam Visa
Call us on +95 944 312 1788 to speak to one of our experts or click here to request a quote.