Start city: Yangon
End city: Yangon
Duration: 10 Days & 9 Nights
Departure: Private Tour. Daily, upon your request.
Cities to visit: Yangon - Golden Rock - Bagan - Mandalay - Inle Lake
- Extendable with optional tours from Yangon and from Yangon.
Note: This private tour requires minimum of 2 passengers to operate
- Enjoy fine dining with Burmese food and amazing cultural show
- Explore vibrant hub of colorful Colonial facades in Yangon
- Visit the huge Golden Rock perched at its summit
- Witness the sun set over beautiful, ancient temples in Bagan
- Relax and unwind at Inle lake, one of the most photogenic place of Myanmar
- Walk over the Ubein the world’s longest teak bridge
Welcome to Myanmar! A guide of Myanmar Tours will await you at the International Yangon Airport. You will then be escorted to your hotel in the city center. Begin your first Myanmar visit to Shwedagon Pagoda – the most prominent monument in Yangon, which dominates the sky with a golden flash, giant spires and holy relics. Your highlight for this evening is a dinner in Karaweik Palace, overlooking to the Royal Lake. Dinner will consist of fine Burmese food and an amazing cultural show.
Accommodation: Hotel in Yangon
Meals: Karaweik Palace Dinner
Day 2: Yangon - Kyaikhtiyo
After breakfast in the hotel, we are leaving Yangon in the morning; enjoy a scenic journey to Kyaiktiyo, 190km to the east. One of Myanmar’s great pilgrimage sites is the Golden Rock at Kyaiktiyo, a huge boulder covered by gold leaf and delicately balanced on the edge of a cliff. The pagoda at the Golden Rock is said to hold a hair of the Buddha. Late morning, arrive at Kyaikhtiyo base camp and transfer to the transit junction with one of the small open trucks in a one hour ride. After lunch, start an easy walk up to the Golden Rock and enjoy sunset from this unforgettable site.
Accommodations: Hotel in Kyaikhtiyo
Day 3: Kyaikhtiyo - Bago - Yangon
After breakfast, return to the base-camp by open truck and head in the direction of Yangon for 110km to Bago, an ancient capital dating back to the 6th century. Sightseeing in Bago includes the beautiful 55m long reclining Buddha called Shwethalyaung and the Mon style Shwemawdaw Pagoda, one of the most venerated in Myanmar. Its spire stands 114m high and is taller even than the Shwedagon Pagoda. Also visit the old Palace of Kambozathadi and the huge four sitting Buddhas. Transfer back to Yangon.
Accommodations: Hotel in Yangon
Day 4: Yangon - Fly to Bagan - Sightseeing
Today we have an early morning flight Bagan. Bagan is Myanmar’s archaeological wonderland, where over 3,000 ancient temples blossom from the countryside. Start your tour with a trip to the bustling Nyaung U Market in Old Bagan then explore the beautiful, gold leaf Shwezigon Pagoda and learn about Burmese Buddhist traditions. We continue our tour with a visit to Ananda Temple, stopping along the way on the Bagan plains to admire some of the surrounding temples. In the afternoon, take a tour of a local lacquer ware workshop and learn how this traditional piece of art is made. Enjoy romantic sunset cruise on Irrawaddy River.
Accommodation: Hotel in Bagan
Day 5: Bagan Discovery
After breakfast, start with an exotic horse cart ride to one of the biggest temples in Bagan: Nan Paya Pagoda and many other interesting sites nearby, continue with sightseeing to Minkaba Gubyaukyi Temple, take note of the architectural difference in MyaZedi Pagoda before heading to Manuha Temple. The highlight of today is the panoramic sunset view over Bagan.
Accommodation: Hotel in Bagan
Day 6: Bagan - Fly to Mandalay - Sagaing - Amarapura
Head to the airport for a flight to Mandalay. Leave the city for Sagaing Hill, learn about a monk’s schooling, visit Budda Cave, Uminthonze Pagoda and Sunooponnyashin Pagoda. Enjoy the breathtaking panoramic view of Mandalay. Drive 30 minutes to Amarapura - famous for Mahagandaryone Monastery, Amarapura is the best place to see how monks live in Mandalay. Walk over Ubein Wooden Bridge, the longest teakwood of its type to Mahamuni Image - a bronze Buddha image castled during the lifetime of Buddha himself.
Accommodation: Hotel in Mandalay
Day 7: Mandalay - Mingun - Mandalay Hill
Known as the hub of Buddhism in Myanmar, Mandalay is a realm of stupas, monks, and monasteries. The most fascinating visit will be the time watching the monks during worship time and enjoying their daily meal.
Drive to Mandalay Pier, embark on a private boat upstream to visit Mingun, famed for its huge and incomplete Pahtodawgyi Pagoda and Mingun Bell, the 90 ton ringing bell. In the afternoon, visit Mandalay Palace, Shwenandaw Monastery: noted for its exquisite wood carvings, gold leaf beating workshop, Kuthodaw Pagoda: known to hold the world largest book, then conclude the tour by visiting Mandalay Hill to watch the Burmese sunset and the panoramic view of the city.
Accommodation: Hotel in Mandalay
Day 8: Mandalay - Fly to Heho – Indein
Leave Mandalay for Heho. Inle Lake, the second largest lake in Myanmar is located 900 meters above sea level and is home to the Intha people, famous for their one leg rowing technique. Upon arrival, we head to your hotel in Inle. In the afternoon the boat will take you to the beautiful temple of Indein, located on the hill overlooking the lake. It is relaxing to walk along the corridors and enjoy the giant columns that have been left to the nature for centuries.
Accommodation: Hotel in Inle Lake
Day 9: Inle Lake - Inle Lake Discovery. Fly to Yangon
This morning, visit the “5 Day Market” which is held in different villages surrounding the lake. This is definitely a fascinating place to enjoy the scene of local tribes in their colorful clothes and exotic market atmosphere.
After lunch, we board a motorboat for a sightseeing tour to Phaungdawoo Pagoda, famed for its richly gilded five small Buddha images and believed to be the holiest pagoda in Inle Lake. Our next stop is Ngaphechaung Monastery, an attractive wooden monastery built on stilts over the lake at the end of the 1850s. As you travel closer to Nam Pan Village, have a look at cotton and lotus weaving factories and cigar making houses. These sites will give you a true sense of traditional Intha life. Leave Inle Lake for a flight to Yangon.
Accommodation: Hotel in Yangon
Day 10: Yangon Half Day City Tour - Departure
Spend a half-day exploring Yangon and its highlights from Sule Pagoda in the heart of Yangon city to Chaukhtayi Pagoda. Enjoy some last minute shopping in Scott Market. Our driver will provide transfers to the airport for your departure flight.
How do I pay when I want to book this tour?
- We accept payment by debit/ credit card (Visa, Master, Amex), cash and bank transfer.
When you confirm a booking with us, we will send you our online payment link or bank details to deposit 30% of the total tour cost. The balance will be due as soon as you arrive in Cambodia. Our travel consultants will give more details via email about payment instruction.
Are the rates displayed per person or per room?
- The prices shown on our website are per person based on twin/ double accommodation.
I am wonder if it is a private or a group tour?
- We only arrange private holidays and adventures – for a solo traveler, couples, families or a party of friends (no min or max passengers) – rather than impersonal group tours. You are never just another seat number. Our purpose is to offer the best travel experience at the keenest price.
Are taxes and service charges included in rates?
- Yes. The prices are inclusive of all taxes and service charges.
Any surcharges if my travel dates are during Christmas or New Year Holidays?
- The rates are regular price and they are not included a compulsory dinner (Gala dinner) on the day of Christmas or New Year Eve. Surcharges depend on specific hotels you stay at, so our travel consultants will give further information to you in communications.
What meals are included?
- Our tours include daily breakfast at hotels and some other meals as stated in the itinerary (see day by day).
Is the tour with fixed departure dates, accommodations?
- No fixed departure dates and an extensive choice of hotels – your holiday, your way. You can depart on any dates at your favor, stay at any hotels on your special interest. Just give your ideas to us then we will customize the tour with best offer for you.
How to change or cancel my reservation?
- We only run private tour, so the itineraries are very flexible. You can change or amend your schedule in advance or during your trip but surcharge maybe applied according to our contract with local suppliers, hotels and airlines. Regarding cancelation terms, please check out this link: Terms & Conditions
Is myanmartours.com trusted
- www.myanmartours.com is a member of and operated by Asia Travel & Leisure Management Group. More information about us at: www.asiatravelandleisure.com
WANT TO ASK A QUESTION?
- 4 domestic flights: Yangon – Bagan; Bagan – Mandalay; Mandalay – Heho; Heho – Yangon
- Accommodation with daily breakfast at selected hotels
- Private tours, transfers and all services as mentioned in the itinerary
- Services of a private driver and air-conditioned vehicles
- Service of English speaking guides in every location
- Entrance fees for all mentioned sights visited
- Meals as mentioned in the itinerary
- International flights
- Meals other than those mentioned in the itinerary
- Early check-in and late check-out at hotels
- Personal expenses (such as laundry, telephone, drinks, etc.)
- Tips for guides and drivers
- Personal travel insurance
- Myanmar Visa fees (more at www.myanmartours.com/visa.html)
Call us on +95 944 312 1788 to speak to one of our experts or click here to request a quote.