Start city: Yangon
End city: Yangon
Duration: 5 Days - 4 Nights
Departure: Private Tour. Daily, upon your request.
Cities to visit: Yangon – Sittwe – Mrauk U – Yangon.
- Extendable with optional tours from Yangon and from Yangon.
Note: This private tour requires minimum of 2 passengers to operate
- The ruins of the Royal Palace and Ancient temples
- Excusion Vesali which was known as a city flourishing
- Visit the legend Mahamuni Buddha image
- Boat to Chin village to see very wonderful Chin ladies with tattooed faces and their simple ways of life
Flight to Sittwe. Upon arrival, our driver will transfer you to the jetty to embark on a private boat upstream Kaladan River to reach Mrauk U, the last Capital of Rakhine Kingdom (72km, 5 – 6 hours boat jouney). It is time to enjoy the changing landscape of local life and nature on the banks of the river. Once arrive in Mrauk U, you will have chance to witness the former grandiose of this ancient town, famed as Myanmar's second eminent temple site after Bagan. Check in your resort, the rest of day is free at leisure
Accommodations: Hotel in Mrauk U
Day 2: Mrauk U Exploration
Commence your day with the sunrise in Mrauk U. After that, make a visits to local market where you can experience the exotic local life. Followed by a ride to the ruins of the Royal Palace and Archaeological Museum House.
The next attraction of day will be the remarkable Shitthaung Temple, known as "80,000 Images", erected in 1536, after King Meng Ba conquered Bengal. Further your understanding of Mrauk U's history by exploring the unique stone carvings in the multi-spire Andawthein Ordination Hall, the circular Ratanabon Pagoda, vaulted passages with impressive stone sculptures in the huge fortress-like temple of Dukkhanthein and the first erected pagoda at Laymyetnha.
Accommodations: Hotel in Mrauk U
Day 3: Excursion Vesali – Mahamuni
After breakfast at hotel, excursion to Vesali(Wethali), a former 2.2 square miles large ancient city founded by the King Mahataing Candra in 327 AD. According to history the Vesali was a city flourishing from 4th to 8th century A.D. Visit Vesali Village and Vesali Great Buddha image from 327 A.D, a huge sitting image made out of a single solid sand stone. Continue by car to Mahamuni Buddha image 1:30 hours drives, located at a very ancient Danyawady Capital, according to legend which was the place where Buddha visited from India during his life time and cast Mahamuni Buddha image. Danyawady was the original place of Manadalay Mahamuni Buddha image. Then drive back to Mrauk-U and take a rest on your lunch time.
After Lunch, visit the Archaeological museum and palace site which is now only ground left, date back to the 16th century. Further proceed to Sandamuni Bronze Casting Buddha
Image, Leksekan Lake with city gate, dranking water supplying lake for dwellers. Enjoy the Sunset at Zinnanaung Pagoda.
Accommodation: Hotel in Mrauk U
Day 4: Excursion tattooed Chin Village
After Breakfast at hotel, morning depart for Poe Phyu Kyun Village and Jetty by car (45 minutes drive) and then 2 hours sailing up by boat along very fantastic scenery Lay Myo river to Krit Chaung Chin Village. Visit around the Village to see very wonderful Chin ladies with tattooed faces with very beautiful exciting scorpion web pattern and their simple ways of life. Then proceed to Pann Paung Chin village to discover some more Chin Tattooed ladies and have a Picnic Lunch in Chin village at the river side with fascination river view. (The name of Chin villages along Lay Myo river are Krit Chaung village, Sin Swe Gyo village, Pann Paung village, Cho May village, Kun Chaung village, Kyi Chaung village Sinke villages which all are located at the lay Myo river bank.). After lunch return back downstream 1:30 hours and drive back then to hotel. Overnight in Mrauk-U.
Accommodations: Hotel in Mrauk U
Day 5: Mrauk U – Sittwee – depart
Early morning transfer to the jetty to board your private boat back to Sittwe for a short flight back to Yangon or to Thandwe for your beach relaxation.
How do I pay when I want to book this tour?
- We accept payment by debit/ credit card (Visa, Master, Amex), cash and bank transfer.
When you confirm a booking with us, we will send you our online payment link or bank details to deposit 30% of the total tour cost. The balance will be due as soon as you arrive in Cambodia. Our travel consultants will give more details via email about payment instruction.
Are the rates displayed per person or per room?
- The prices shown on our website are per person based on twin/ double accommodation.
I am wonder if it is a private or a group tour?
- We only arrange private holidays and adventures – for a solo traveler, couples, families or a party of friends (no min or max passengers) – rather than impersonal group tours. You are never just another seat number. Our purpose is to offer the best travel experience at the keenest price.
Are taxes and service charges included in rates?
- Yes. The prices are inclusive of all taxes and service charges.
Any surcharges if my travel dates are during Christmas or New Year Holidays?
- The rates are regular price and they are not included a compulsory dinner (Gala dinner) on the day of Christmas or New Year Eve. Surcharges depend on specific hotels you stay at, so our travel consultants will give further information to you in communications.
What meals are included?
- Our tours include daily breakfast at hotels and some other meals as stated in the itinerary (see day by day).
Is the tour with fixed departure dates, accommodations?
- No fixed departure dates and an extensive choice of hotels – your holiday, your way. You can depart on any dates at your favor, stay at any hotels on your special interest. Just give your ideas to us then we will customize the tour with best offer for you.
How to change or cancel my reservation?
- We only run private tour, so the itineraries are very flexible. You can change or amend your schedule in advance or during your trip but surcharge maybe applied according to our contract with local suppliers, hotels and airlines. Regarding cancelation terms, please check out this link: Terms & Conditions
Is myanmartours.com trusted
- www.myanmartours.com is a member of and operated by Asia Travel & Leisure Management Group. More information about us at: www.asiatravelandleisure.com
WANT TO ASK A QUESTION?
- Domestic flight: Yangon - Sittwe - Yangon
- Accommodation with daily breakfast at selected hotels
- Private tours, transfers and all services as mentioned in the itinerary
- Services of a private driver and air-conditioned vehicles
- Service of English speaking guides in every location
- Entrance fees for all mentioned sights visited
- Meals as mentioned in the itinerary
- International flights
- Meals other than those mentioned in the itinerary
- Early check-in and late check-out at hotels.
- Personal expenses (such as laundry, telephone, drinks, etc.)
- Tips for guides and drivers
- Personal travel insurance
- Visa fees (contact us for further information)
Call us on +95 944 312 1788 to speak to one of our experts or click here to request a quote. Accommodations: Hotel in Mrauk U