Start city: Yangon
End city: Mandalay
Duration: 8 Days & 7 Nights
Departure: Private Tour. Daily, upon your request.
Cities to visit: Yangon– Bagan – Inle Lake – Mandalay
- Extendable with optional tours from Yangon and from Mandalay.
Note: This private tour requires minimum of 2 passengers to operate
- Enjoy fine dining with Burmese food and amazing cultural show
- Explore vibrant hub of colorful Colonial facades in Yangon
- Witness the sun set over beautiful, ancient temples in Bagan
- Relax and unwind at Inle lake, one of the most photogenic place of Myanmar
- Walk over the Ubein the world’s longest teak bridge
Mingalabar! Upon arrival, driver and tour guide of Myanmar Tours will welcome you at the airport and transfer you to hotel in Yangon city. The highlight for this evening is the dinner in Karaweik Palace, overlooking to the Royal Lake. The dinner is served with fine Burmese food and amazing cultural show.
Accommodations: Hotel in Yangon
Meals: Welcome Dinner.
Day 2: Yangon City Tour
Spend a full day exploring Yangon and its highlights from Sule Pagoda, in the heart of Yangon city; Chaukhtayi Pagoda and Kandawgyi Lake. After lunch, discover the most outstanding pagoda in Yangon: Shwedagon Pagoda. The “Golden Pagoda” is really a must see while you are in Myanmar. Enjoy some shopping in bustling Scott market.
Accommodation: Hotel in Yangon
Day 3: Yangon – Fly to Bagan – Sightseeing
Today we have an early morning flight Bagan. Bagan is Myanmar’s archaeological wonderland, where over 3,000 ancient temples blossom from the countryside. Start your tour with a trip to the bustling Nyaung U Market in Old Bagan then explore the beautiful, gold leaf Shwezigon Pagoda and learn about Burmese Buddhist traditions. We continue our tour with a visit to Ananda Temple, stopping along the way on the Bagan plains to admire some of the surrounding temples. In the afternoon, take a tour of a local lacquer ware workshop and learn how this traditional piece of art is made. Enjoy romantic sunset cruise on Irrawaddy River.
Accommodation: Hotel in Bagan
Day 4: Bagan – Discovery
After breakfast, start with an exotic horse cart ride to one of the biggest temples in Bagan: Nan Paya Pagoda and many other interesting sites nearby, continue with sightseeing to Minkaba Gubyaukyi Temple, take note of the architectural difference in MyaZedi Pagoda before heading to Manuha Temple. The highlight of today is the panoramic sunset view over Bagan.
Accommodation: Hotel in Bagan
Day 5: Bagan – Fly to Heho – Inle Lake Discovery
Leave Bagan for Heho. Inle Lake, the second largest lake in Myanmar is located 900 meters above sea level and is home to the Intha people, famous for their one leg rowing technique.
Upon arrival, board a motorboat for a sightseeing tour to Phaungdawoo Pagoda, famed for its richly gilded five small Buddha images and believed to be the holiest pagoda in Inle Lake. Our next stop is Ngaphechaung Monastery, an attractive wooden monastery built on stilts over the lake at the end of the 1850s. As you travel closer to Nam Pan Village, have a look at cotton and lotus weaving factories and cigar making houses. These sites will give you a true sense of traditional Intha life.
Accommodation: Hotel in Inle Lake
Day 6: Inle Lake – Indein – Inle Lake
This morning, visit the “5 Day Market” which is held in different villages surrounding the lake. This is definitely a fascinating place to enjoy the scene of local tribes in their colorful clothes and exotic market atmosphere.
After lunch, the boat will take you to the beautiful temple of Indein, located on the hill overlooking the lake. It is relaxing to walk along the corridors and enjoy the giant columns that have been left to the nature for centuries.
Accommodation: Hotel in Inle Lake
Day 7: Inle Lake – Heho – Fly to Mandalay – Sagaing – Amarapura
Leave Inle Lake for Mandalay. We will transfer from the city to Sagaing Hill, discover the monk education, visit Budda Cave, Uminthonze Pagoda and Sunooponnyashin Pagoda. Behold the panoramic view of Mandalay.
After that, come to Amarapura. Being famous for Mahagandaryone Monastery, Amarapura is the best place to experience the monk life in Mandalay. Walk over Ubein Wooden Bridge, the longest teakwood of its type and enjoy greast sunset here.
Accommodations: Hotel in Mandalay
Day 8: Mandalay – Mandalay Hill – Departure
Visit Mandalay Palace, Shwenandaw Monastery – noted for its exquisite wood carvings, gold leaf beating workshop, Kuthodaw Pagoda – known as the world biggest book and finish the tour by visiting Mandalay Hill to watch the sun-set and the panoramic view of the city. Our driver will transfer you the airport for your departure flight home.
How do I pay when I want to book this tour?
- We accept payment by debit/ credit card (Visa, Master, Amex), cash and bank transfer.
When you confirm a booking with us, we will send you our online payment link or bank details to deposit 30% of the total tour cost. The balance will be due as soon as you arrive in Cambodia. Our travel consultants will give more details via email about payment instruction.
Are the rates displayed per person or per room?
- The prices shown on our website are per person based on twin/ double accommodation.
I am wonder if it is a private or a group tour?
- We only arrange private holidays and adventures – for a solo traveler, couples, families or a party of friends (no min or max passengers) – rather than impersonal group tours. You are never just another seat number. Our purpose is to offer the best travel experience at the keenest price.
Are taxes and service charges included in rates?
- Yes. The prices are inclusive of all taxes and service charges.
Any surcharges if my travel dates are during Christmas or New Year Holidays?
- The rates are regular price and they are not included a compulsory dinner (Gala dinner) on the day of Christmas or New Year Eve. Surcharges depend on specific hotels you stay at, so our travel consultants will give further information to you in communications.
What meals are included?
- Our tours include daily breakfast at hotels and some other meals as stated in the itinerary (see day by day).
Is the tour with fixed departure dates, accommodations?
- No fixed departure dates and an extensive choice of hotels – your holiday, your way. You can depart on any dates at your favor, stay at any hotels on your special interest. Just give your ideas to us then we will customize the tour with best offer for you.
How to change or cancel my reservation?
- We only run private tour, so the itineraries are very flexible. You can change or amend your schedule in advance or during your trip but surcharge maybe applied according to our contract with local suppliers, hotels and airlines. Regarding cancelation terms, please check out this link: Terms & Conditions
Is myanmartours.com trusted
- www.myanmartours.com is a member of and operated by Asia Travel & Leisure Management Group. More information about us at: www.asiatravelandleisure.com
WANT TO ASK A QUESTION?
- 3 domestic flights: Yangon – Bagan; Bagan – Heho; Heho – Mandalay
- Accommodation with daily breakfast at selected hotels
- Private tours, transfers and all services as mentioned in the itinerary
- Services of a private driver and air-conditioned vehicles
- Service of English speaking guides in every location
- Entrance fees for all mentioned sights visited
- Meals as mentioned in the itinerary
- International flights
- Meals other than those mentioned in the itinerary
- Early check-in and late check-out at hotels
- Personal expenses (such as laundry, telephone, drinks, etc.)
- Tips for guides and drivers
- Personal travel insurance
- Myanmar Visa fees (more at www.myanmartours.com/visa.html)
Call us on +95 944 312 1788 to speak to one of our experts or click here to request a quote.