Start city: Myawaddy border
End city: Tamu border
Duration: 4 Days - 3 Nights
Departure: Private Tour. Daily, upon your request.
Cities to visit: Mae Sot - Myawaddy Border - Kyaikhto - Bago - Mandalay - Kalay - Tamu
- Extendable with optional tours from Myawaddy border and from Tamu border.
Note: This private tour requires minimum of 2 passengers to operate
- Travel onwards into and exit Burma from land crossing
- Breathtaking landscapes, beautiful mountain passes by your Super Power
- An experienced tour guide will lead on the right way on safe with his helpful
- Getting away from the touristic area and seeing how life really is was fantastic
Depart from Mae-Sot to Myawaddy crossing the bridge which links Mae Sot (Thailand) with Myawaddy (Myanmar). Our guide of Myanmar Tours will meet you at the entrance of Myanmar after you finish all immigration and customs officials. Then we start our journey to Hpa An, capital of Karen State. It is a picturesque town that sits on the eastern bank of the Thanlwin (Salween) river. The setting itself, the surrounding caves and mountains to explore, and the laid back atmosphere are the highlights of the area.
Heading to Thaton, the capital of the former Thaton Mon Kingdom which ruled Lower Burma from the 9th – 11th century and stretched far into Thailand.
From Thaton we continue in Northern direction to Kyaikhto, one of famous landmark in Myanmar.
We continue driving to Bago, an ancient capital dating back to the 6th century. The beautiful 55m long reclining Buddha called Shwethalyaung and the Mon style Shwemawdaw Pagoda, one of the most venerated in Myanmar. Its spire stands 114m high and is taller even than the Shwedagon Pagoda.
Accommodations: Hotel in Bago
Meals: Lunch, Dinner
Day 2: Kyaikhtiyo - Mandalay
Today our adventure begins with a ride from Kyaikhtiyo to Mandalay via Naypyitaw, the shimmering brand new capital of Myanmar with the widest roads and newest buildings in the country. This surreal, out of place, capital is home to some of the nicest hotels and restaurants in the country which will be in extreme contrast to much of the places we will visit on our amazing journey. Stop in Mandalay, the hub of Buddhism, a realm of stupas, monks and monastery.
Accommodations: Hotel in Mandalay
Meals: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner
Day 3: Mandalay - Kalay
We leave Mandalay for Kalay, a rustic part of Sagaing Division to the east of the Chin mountain ranges. Kalay is being developed and progressing as it is a crucial link in trading with India. Myanmar-India border town Ta-Mu lies 83 miles from Kalay. This long trip has a stop in Monywa where we find some astonishing attractions such as the world’s second tallest Buddha of Bodhi Tahtaung and Thanboddhay Pagoda housing more than half a million Buddha images. Relax at hotel in Kalay.
Accommodations: Hotel in Kalay
Meals: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner
Day 4: Kalay - Tamu/ Moreh Border
Our last day begin on strategic road to Tamu, between India and Myanmar, built with assistance from the Government of India. Tamu is a clean, small town with nice wooden house surrounded by green garden at the border to India. You will find a lot of friendly people, just smile and invite them small talk about their daily life.
How do I pay when I want to book this tour?
- We accept payment by debit/ credit card (Visa, Master, Amex), cash and bank transfer.
When you confirm a booking with us, we will send you our online payment link or bank details to deposit 30% of the total tour cost. The balance will be due as soon as you arrive in Cambodia. Our travel consultants will give more details via email about payment instruction.
Are the rates displayed per person or per room?
- The prices shown on our website are per person based on twin/ double accommodation.
I am wonder if it is a private or a group tour?
- We only arrange private holidays and adventures – for a solo traveler, couples, families or a party of friends (no min or max passengers) – rather than impersonal group tours. You are never just another seat number. Our purpose is to offer the best travel experience at the keenest price.
Are taxes and service charges included in rates?
- Yes. The prices are inclusive of all taxes and service charges.
Any surcharges if my travel dates are during Christmas or New Year Holidays?
- The rates are regular price and they are not included a compulsory dinner (Gala dinner) on the day of Christmas or New Year Eve. Surcharges depend on specific hotels you stay at, so our travel consultants will give further information to you in communications.
What meals are included?
- Our tours include daily breakfast at hotels and some other meals as stated in the itinerary (see day by day).
Is the tour with fixed departure dates, accommodations?
- No fixed departure dates and an extensive choice of hotels – your holiday, your way. You can depart on any dates at your favor, stay at any hotels on your special interest. Just give your ideas to us then we will customize the tour with best offer for you.
How to change or cancel my reservation?
- We only run private tour, so the itineraries are very flexible. You can change or amend your schedule in advance or during your trip but surcharge maybe applied according to our contract with local suppliers, hotels and airlines. Regarding cancelation terms, please check out this link: Terms & Conditions
Is myanmartours.com trusted
- www.myanmartours.com is a member of and operated by Asia Travel & Leisure Management Group. More information about us at: www.asiatravelandleisure.com
WANT TO ASK A QUESTION?
- Accommodation with daily breakfast at selected hotels
- Private tours, transfers and all services as mentioned in the itinerary
- Services of a private driver and air-conditioned vehicles
- Service of English speaking guide throughout
- Entrance fees for all mentioned sights visited
- Meals as mentioned in the itinerary
- International flights
- Meals other than those mentioned in the itinerary
- Early check-in and late check-out at hotels.
- Personal expenses (such as laundry, telephone, drinks, etc.)
- Tips for guides and drivers
- Personal travel insurance
- Visa fees (contact us for further information)
Call us on +95 944 312 1788 to speak to one of our experts or click here to request a quote. Accommodations: Hotel in Mrauk U