Start city: Yangon
End city: Yangon
Duration: 6 Days & 5 Nights
Departure: Private Tour. Daily, upon your request.
Cities to visit: Yangon - Mawlamyine - Golden Rock - Bago
- Extendable with optional tours from Yangon and from Yangon.
Note: This private tour requires minimum of 2 passengers to operate
- Visit the remainders of the infamous Death Railway
- Pay respect to POWs at Thanphyuzayat war cemetery
- Make a pilgrimage to the holy Golden Rock perched at its summit
- Admire the most sacred pagoda in Myanmar, Golden Shwedagon Paya
Up on arrival at Yangon International airport, our guide and driver will welcome you at the airport for your hotel transfer
Accommodation: Hotel in Yangon
Day 2: Yangon – Mawlamyine
Leave Yangon early for about 7 hour drive to Mawlamyine.
Mawlamyine is the capital of Mon State, located at the bank of Thanlwin River and a good place for a journey back into British times.
Upon arrival late afternoon, visit Kyaikthanlan Pagoda, from where you have terrific views over the city.
Check in your hotel and rest of the time is at leisure.
Accommodations: Hotel in Mawlamyine
Day 3: Mawlamyine – Kyaikhami – Mawlamyine
After breakfast, drive to Kyaikami, where Judson, an American Priest, arrived in 1825, with a nice view of beach and some shopping at the colorful local "souvenir shop".
Continue to Thanbyuzayat town. This was the end of the line for the infamous Burma-Siam railway linking Thailand with Myanmar during the Japanese occupation in World War II. Here you will visit Thanphyuzayat war cemetery, which contains 3771 graves of Allied POWs who died building the Burma-Siam railway. A short drive away is the Death Railway Museum – Thanbyuzayat, where remains a piece of the Railway track and an original Railway Locomotive.
Return to your hotel late afternoon.
Accommodations: Hotel in Mawlamyine
Day 4: Mawlamyine – Golden Rock
This morning, leave Mawlamyine for Golden Rock – one of Myanmar’s great pilgrimage sites, a huge boulder covered by gold leaf and delicately balanced on the edge of a cliff. The pagoda at the Golden Rock is said to hold a hair of the Buddha. Late morning, arrive at Kyaiktiyo base camp and transfer to the transit junction with one of the small open trucks in a one hour ride. After lunch, start a challenging walk up to the Golden Rock and enjoy sunset from this unforgettable site.
Accommodation: Hotel in Golden Rock
Day 5: Golden Rock – Bago – Yangon
After breakfast, return to the base-camp by open truck and head in the direction of Yangon for 110km to Bago, an ancient capital dating back to the 6th century. Sightseeing in Bago includes the beautiful 55m long reclining Buddha called Shwethalyaung and the Mon style Shwemawdaw Pagoda, one of the most venerated in Myanmar. Its spire stands 114m high and is taller even than the Shwedagon Pagoda. Also visit the old Palace of Kambozathadi and the huge four sitting Buddhas. Transfer back to Yangon.
Accommodation: Hotel in Yangon
Day 6: Yangon city tour & departure
Start our city visit at Shwedagon Pagoda - the most prominent monument in Yangon which dominates the sky with golden flash, giant spires and holy relics.
Continue to Sule Pagoda. It is believed to enshrine a strand of hair of the Buddha.
From Sule Pagoda, we embark on an orientation walk to Chinese Town, covering exotic streets of Yangon downtown and British Colonial building as Emmanuel Church, Inland Water Buildings.
Continue to Bogyoke Market. Formerly named Scott’s Market, it is now the main tourist destination where you can find antique, Burmese handicrafts & jewelry shops, art galleries & clothing stores.
Our driver will take you to the airport for your departure. Trip ends.
How do I pay when I want to book this tour?
- We accept payment by debit/ credit card (Visa, Master, Amex), cash and bank transfer.
When you confirm a booking with us, we will send you our online payment link or bank details to deposit 30% of the total tour cost. The balance will be due as soon as you arrive in Cambodia. Our travel consultants will give more details via email about payment instruction.
Are the rates displayed per person or per room?
- The prices shown on our website are per person based on twin/ double accommodation.
I am wonder if it is a private or a group tour?
- We only arrange private holidays and adventures – for a solo traveler, couples, families or a party of friends (no min or max passengers) – rather than impersonal group tours. You are never just another seat number. Our purpose is to offer the best travel experience at the keenest price.
Are taxes and service charges included in rates?
- Yes. The prices are inclusive of all taxes and service charges.
Any surcharges if my travel dates are during Christmas or New Year Holidays?
- The rates are regular price and they are not included a compulsory dinner (Gala dinner) on the day of Christmas or New Year Eve. Surcharges depend on specific hotels you stay at, so our travel consultants will give further information to you in communications.
What meals are included?
- Our tours include daily breakfast at hotels and some other meals as stated in the itinerary (see day by day).
Is the tour with fixed departure dates, accommodations?
- No fixed departure dates and an extensive choice of hotels – your holiday, your way. You can depart on any dates at your favor, stay at any hotels on your special interest. Just give your ideas to us then we will customize the tour with best offer for you.
How to change or cancel my reservation?
- We only run private tour, so the itineraries are very flexible. You can change or amend your schedule in advance or during your trip but surcharge maybe applied according to our contract with local suppliers, hotels and airlines. Regarding cancelation terms, please check out this link: Terms & Conditions
Is myanmartours.com trusted
- www.myanmartours.com is a member of and operated by Asia Travel & Leisure Management Group. More information about us at: www.asiatravelandleisure.com
WANT TO ASK A QUESTION?
- Accommodation with daily breakfast at selected hotels
- Private tours, transfers and all services as mentioned in the itinerary
- Services of a private driver and air-conditioned vehicles
- Service of English speaking guides in every location
- Entrance fees for all mentioned sights visited
- Meals as mentioned in the itinerary
- International flights
- Meals other than those mentioned in the itinerary
- Early check-in and late check-out at hotels
- Personal expenses (such as laundry, telephone, drinks, etc.)
- Tips for guides and drivers
- Personal travel insurance
- Myanmar Visa fees (more at www.myanmartours.com/visa.html)
Call us on +95 944 312 1788 to speak to one of our experts or click here to request a quote.