Start city: Bangkok
End city: Mandalay
Duration: 10 Days & 9 Nights
Departure: Private Tour. Daily, upon your request.
Cities to visit: Bangkok – Ayutthaya – Yangon – Bagan – Inle Lake – Mandalay
- Extendable with optional tours from Bangkok and from Mandalay.
Note: This private tour requires minimum of 2 passengers to operate
- Explore one of the most lively city in Southeast Asia Bangkok
- Visit the Ancient Captial of Thailand Ayutthaya
- Admire the sacred pagoda in Myanmar, Golden Shwedagon Paya
- Explore thousand temples & pagoda scattering around Bagan
- Discover authentic locals’ life and amazing ruins of Indein Pagoda
- Capture beautiful sunset over the world’s longest teak bridge Ubein.
When you arrive at the international airport of Bangkok, you will be welcomed by our guide and private transfer to your hotel in the center of the city.
Accommodation: Hotel in Bangkok
Day 2: Bangkok city tour
After breakfast at the hotel, your guide will pick you up and take you to a Harbor on Chao Phraya River to get on a boat to explore the traditional Thai klongs (canals. Then, visit Wat Arun which is known as Temple of Dawn – one of the best well-known sites in Bangkok. It is best seen from the opposite side of the river. After visiting this Wat, you will head to the Grand Palace, which is the official Palace of The King Of Siam since 1782, made up of numerous buildings, halls, pavilions set around open lawns, gardens and courtyards. It is located on the bank of Chao Phraya River. Inside the Grand Palace complex is Wat Phra Kaeo or Temple of the Emerald Buddha – the most beautiful and sacred Buddhist temple in Thailand. The following visit is Wat Pho – the temple of reclining Buddha. The temple has a long list of credits: The oldest and largest temple in Bangkok, the longest reclining Buddha and the largest collection of Buddha images in Thailand, the first public education institution.
Next, drive to Pak Klong Talaat Flower market to see Thailand’s exotic flora with many species of orchids before transfer back to your hotel.
Accommodation: Hotel in Bangkok.
Day 3: Bangkok - Ayutthaya day trip
This morning, leave Bangkok for Ayutthaya – 70km from Bangkok. The first stop is the Bang Pa-In Summer Palace Palace (also known as Summer Palace), located 18km from Ayutthaya on the bank of Chao Phraya River. Arrive in Ayutthaya – the ancient capital for over 400 years. You will visit Wihan Phramongkhon Bophit which has one of the largest bronze Buddha images in Thailand. The next visit is Wat Phra Si Sanphet located in grand palace compound used as a presidential palace. This is the biggest temple in Ayutthaya. Then you will visit Wat Maha That – an over 600 year old temple and Wat Na Phra Mane. Wat Na Phra Mane is still in good condition and was used as the Burmese military headquarters during the war. Inside this temple, you will see the sparking Golden Buddha with the three thousand-year-old Buddhas carved from green stone which are extremely valuable national relics. Back to Bangkok.
Accommodation: Hotel in Bangkok.
Day 4: Bangkok - fly to Yangon & city tour
After breakfast, our driver will transfer you to the airport for your flight to Yangon.
Welcome to Myanmar! Upon your arrival, your guide will await you at the International Yangon Airport. You will then be escorted to your hotel in the city center.
Start Yangon sightseeing with the visit to Sule Pagoda. It is believed to enshrine a strand of hair of the Buddha.
From Sule Pagoda, we embark on an orientation walk to Chinese Town, covering exotic streets of Yangon downtown and British Colonial building as Emmanuel Church, Inland Water Buildings.
Continue to Bogyoke Market, formerly named Scott’s Market. It is now the main tourist destination where you can find antique, Burmese handicrafts & jewelry shops, art galleries & clothing stores.
Late afternoon, visit Shwedagon pagoda – the most prominent monument in Yangon which dominates the sky with golden flash, giant spires and holy relics.
Accommodation: Hotel in Yangon.
Day 5: Yangon - Bagan & temple exploration
Travel from Yangon to Bagan and start your day with a visit to Shwezigone Pagoda, which is believed to enshrine a bone and tooth of Gautama Buddha. After, we’ll visit Ananda Sulamani Temples.
The afternoon will consist of a visit to the Bagan Archaeological Museum and learn the traditional way local people make Bagan’s famous lacquer wares.
We’ll end our day by enjoying a beautiful sunset cruise on Ayeyarwaddy River.
Accommodation: Hotel in Bagan.
Day 6: Bagan archaeological site
After breakfast, start your day by visiting Minkaba Gubyaukyi Temple; take note of the architectural differences between MyaZedi Pagoda and the Manuha Temple.
This afternoon, enjoy an exotic horse cart ride to one of the largest temples in Bagan: Nan Paya Pagoda along with many other interesting sites nearby. The highlight of today is the panoramic sunset view from the second highest pagoda in Bagan, the ShweSandaw Pagoda.
Accommodation: Hotel in Bagan.
Day 7: Bagan - fly to Heho - Inle Lake sightseeing
Breakfast shall be served in the hotel. Leave Bagan for Heho, where our driver awaits to transfer you to Inle Lake. Relax on the boat ride to your resort.
Inle Lake, the second largest lake in Myanmar, located 900 meters above sea level and is home to the Intha people; who are known for their one leg rowing technique.
In the afternoon, board a motorboat for a sightseeing tour to Phaungdawoo Pagoda, famed for its richly gilded five small Buddha images and is also believed the holiest in Inle Lake. Our next visit is Ngaphechaung Monastery, known as “jumping cat” pagoda. As you travel closer towards Nam Pan village, cotton and lotus weaving factories and cigar making houses will impress you with a sense of traditional Intha life.
Accommodation: Hotel in Inle Lake.
Day 8: Inle Lake - Indein - Inle Lake
This morning, you will visit the 5-Day Market, which is held in different villages surrounding the lake. This is definitely a fascinating place to enjoy the scene of local tribes in their colorful clothes and the exotic market atmosphere.
After lunch, the boat will take you to the beautiful temple of Indein, located on the hill overlooking the lake. It will definitely be relaxing to walk along the corridor and enjoy the giant columns, which have been left to nature for centuries.
Accommodation: Hotel in Inle Lake
Day 9: Inle Lake - fly to Mandalay - Sagaing - Amarapura
Leave Heho for Mandalay.
Our driver and tour guides await to pick you up and drive to Sagaing Hill- known as the center for meditation, discover the monk education, visit Budda cave, Uminthonze pagoda, Khaungmudaw Pagoda and Sunooponnyashin pagoda. Behold the panoramic view of Mandalay.
After that, come to Amarapura. Being famous for Mahagandaryone Monastery Amarapura is the best place to experience the monk life in Mandalay. Walk over Ubein Wooden Bridge, the longest teakwood of its type to Mahamuni Image - a bronze Buddha image castled during the lifetime of Buddha himself.
Accommodations: Hotel in Mandalay
Day 10: Mandalay city tour. Departure
Visit Shwenandaw Monastery - noted for its exquisite wood carvings, gold leaf beating workshop, Kuthodaw Pagoda - known as the world biggest book and then get transferred to airport for your departure flight.
How do I pay when I want to book this tour?
- We accept payment by debit/ credit card (Visa, Master, Amex), cash and bank transfer.
When you confirm a booking with us, we will send you our online payment link or bank details to deposit 30% of the total tour cost. The balance will be due as soon as you arrive in Cambodia. Our travel consultants will give more details via email about payment instruction.
Are the rates displayed per person or per room?
- The prices shown on our website are per person based on twin/ double accommodation.
I am wonder if it is a private or a group tour?
- We only arrange private holidays and adventures – for a solo traveler, couples, families or a party of friends (no min or max passengers) – rather than impersonal group tours. You are never just another seat number. Our purpose is to offer the best travel experience at the keenest price.
Are taxes and service charges included in rates?
- Yes. The prices are inclusive of all taxes and service charges.
Any surcharges if my travel dates are during Christmas or New Year Holidays?
- The rates are regular price and they are not included a compulsory dinner (Gala dinner) on the day of Christmas or New Year Eve. Surcharges depend on specific hotels you stay at, so our travel consultants will give further information to you in communications.
What meals are included?
- Our tours include daily breakfast at hotels and some other meals as stated in the itinerary (see day by day).
Is the tour with fixed departure dates, accommodations?
- No fixed departure dates and an extensive choice of hotels – your holiday, your way. You can depart on any dates at your favor, stay at any hotels on your special interest. Just give your ideas to us then we will customize the tour with best offer for you.
How to change or cancel my reservation?
- We only run private tour, so the itineraries are very flexible. You can change or amend your schedule in advance or during your trip but surcharge maybe applied according to our contract with local suppliers, hotels and airlines. Regarding cancelation terms, please check out this link: Terms & Conditions
Is myanmartours.com trusted
- www.myanmartours.com is a member of and operated by Asia Travel & Leisure Management Group. More information about us at: www.asiatravelandleisure.com
WANT TO ASK A QUESTION?
- Accommodation with daily breakfast at selected hotels
- 4 Flights tickets Bangkok – Yangon – Bagan – Heho – Mandalay
- Private tours, transfers and all services as mentioned in the itinerary
- Services of a private driver and air-conditioned vehicles
- Service of English speaking guides in every location
- Entrance fees for all mentioned sights visited
- Meals as mentioned in the itinerary.
- International flights
- Meals other than those mentioned in the itinerary
- Early check-in and late check-out at hotels
- Personal expenses (such as laundry, telephone, drinks, etc.)
- Tips for guides and drivers
- Personal travel insurance
- Myanmar Visa fees (more at www.myanmartours.com/visa.html)
Call us on +95 944 312 1788 to speak to one of our experts or click here to request a quote.