Start city: Heho
End city: Heho
Duration: 6 Days - 5 Nights
Departure: Private Tour. Daily, upon your request.
Cities to visit: Heho – Kalaw – Inle Lake
- Extendable with optional tours from Heho and from Heho.
Note: This private tour requires minimum of 2 passengers to operate
- Experience the beautiful train ride to a un–touristy village
- Do hiking route through rarely visited by foreign visitor
- Have lots of chances to interact with the local villagers to learn their life
- Enjoy sumptuous Nepalese meal over a cultural show perform by the community
- Visit the elephant in nature
- Explore Inle Lake - home of Intha people, famous for their one leg rowing technique
Mingalabar! Your guide and driver will welcome you at the airport take you directly to Kalaw Hill Lodge, a charming hill side of Shan Plateau. It is an ideal location for the holiday planner who wishes to blend in with the nature and relax in natural surroundings. You are free to relax on your own at the lodge.
Accommodation: Hotel in Kalaw.
Meals: Welcome Dinner.
Day 2: Kalaw – Elephant Camp Day Tour
Breakfast and before we transfer straight to Magway elephant camp from Kalaw (45mins drive).
Welcome by our team and inform about project (necessary information about camp will be given by English speaking staff).
Walk (5–7mins) to elephant village and see the life of mahouts with their families.
Time to introduce with our elephants and feed them our daily prepared food. Then team will lead you to the river where elephant bath and you can join for washing elephants like your owned pet.
Riding is not our main focus. We will let you be in touch with our elephants as Mahouts during the washing time.
Lunch will be served at the main camp.
You may able to have more information about elephants and forest (from our speakers). Then, you may explore around the forest area, opportunity to see butterflies, birds and orchids in our conservation area, if clients want to spend longer time in the nature. (your own exploration).
You are also welcome to join us by planting one regional tree for forest recovery efforts.
Return to main camp and enjoy the view through valley.
Drive back to the hotel in Kalaw.
Accommodation: Hotel in Kalaw
Meals: Breakfast, Lunch
Day 3: Kalaw – Sintaung
After breakfast, we will get ready for an exciting adventure day into the villages.
We start with a visit local Buddhist monastery, which is our immediate neighbor. After spending some time chatting with monk over green tea we then walk to Nanthe (Danu tribe) village where we visit a library initiated by the lodge. After we visit one of the local home and interact with local over a cup of green tea and Danu traditional snack. From here we walk to Nanthe (Nepalese) village where we explore the village and visit household industry making rice and plum wine process. Here we taste local organic wine follow by a Nepalese traditional lunch. From here we travel by minivan to Myin Daik station and explore the old station and perhaps interact with friendly locals. Later we hop on the train bound for Thazi. Once train role slowly towards Sin Taung located at 4465 feet above sea. The exciting journey goes through tunnels, narrow valleys and high reef passing 4608 feet so–called summit (approx. 45 minute). We get down at Sintaung (elephant shaped mountain), name after a mountain similar to Elephant. Sintaung located at 4425 feet above sea, inhabited by Danu, Taung Yoe and Nepalese community. Here we visit 100 years old Nepalese temple, old railway station and walk up the hilltop Pagoda for the stunning view of the valley below. We settle in at our community house and interact with the community through our local guide. In the evening we enjoy sumptuous local meal over a cultural show perform by the community. Dinner and overnight at Community House.
Accommodation: Community House.
Meals: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner
Day 4: Sintaung – Hinkha – View Point – Kalaw
Breakfast and we trek to Hinkha Gone, located at 4767 feet above sea, (2.5 mile, and approx. 1½ hour). Trail goes immediate uphill all the way stays pretty much on the ridge till we get to the village. From here we head towards north and keep our trail on the ridge having right side is protected forests and left side open view to the valley to view point, parched at 4715 feet above sea, (2 mile, approx. one hour). We have lunch stop here and take some time to enjoy the view from the ridge. From here we trek around 20 minutes on the dirt road but we then head south through tropical scarf forests to Reservoir, located at 4554 feet above sea, (1.5 mile, approx. one hour), which was originally built by British some 80 years ago and remain till today the major sources of fresh water supply to the town. Here we enjoy tranquility of the surrounding and listen to the birds call and witness wild orchid naturally hanging above the tree. From here trail west and we head back to Nanthe (Nepalese Village), located at 4383 feet above sea, (3 mile, approx. 2 hour). First hour we walk through primary forest but once we come out of the forest then trek through fields chatting with local farmers. From here another 20 minute trek to get back to lodge. Dinner and overnight at Lodge. Total walking hour (5 – 6).
Accommodation: Hotel in Kalaw
Meals: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner
Day 5: Kalaw – Eco activities – Drive to Inle Lake. Discovery
We enjoy early morning activities include a visit to organic gardens and farm house where we experience working with buffalo, milking cows and feeding animal etc. Breakfast and we transfer to Inle Lake, the second largest lake in Myanmar is located 900 meters above sea level and is home to the Intha people, famous for their one leg rowing technique.
Upon arrival, board a motorboat for a sightseeing tour to Phaungdawoo Pagoda, famed for its richly gilded five small Buddha images and believed to be the holiest pagoda in Inle Lake. Our next stop is Ngaphechaung Monastery. As you travel closer to Nam Pan Village, have a look at cotton and lotus weaving factories and cigar making houses. These sites will give you a true sense of traditional Intha life.
Accommodation: Hotel in Inle Lake
Day 6: Inle Lake Discovery – Departure
This morning, visit the “5 Day Market” which is held in different villages surrounding the lake. This is definitely a fascinating place to enjoy the scene of local tribes in their colorful clothes and exotic market atmosphere.
After lunch, the boat will take you to the beautiful temple of Indein, located on the hill overlooking the lake. It is relaxing to walk along the corridors and enjoy the giant columns that have been left to the nature for centuries.
Drive to Heho airport for your departure.
How do I pay when I want to book this tour?
- We accept payment by debit/ credit card (Visa, Master, Amex), cash and bank transfer.
When you confirm a booking with us, we will send you our online payment link or bank details to deposit 30% of the total tour cost. The balance will be due as soon as you arrive in Cambodia. Our travel consultants will give more details via email about payment instruction.
Are the rates displayed per person or per room?
- The prices shown on our website are per person based on twin/ double accommodation.
I am wonder if it is a private or a group tour?
- We only arrange private holidays and adventures – for a solo traveler, couples, families or a party of friends (no min or max passengers) – rather than impersonal group tours. You are never just another seat number. Our purpose is to offer the best travel experience at the keenest price.
Are taxes and service charges included in rates?
- Yes. The prices are inclusive of all taxes and service charges.
Any surcharges if my travel dates are during Christmas or New Year Holidays?
- The rates are regular price and they are not included a compulsory dinner (Gala dinner) on the day of Christmas or New Year Eve. Surcharges depend on specific hotels you stay at, so our travel consultants will give further information to you in communications.
What meals are included?
- Our tours include daily breakfast at hotels and some other meals as stated in the itinerary (see day by day).
Is the tour with fixed departure dates, accommodations?
- No fixed departure dates and an extensive choice of hotels – your holiday, your way. You can depart on any dates at your favor, stay at any hotels on your special interest. Just give your ideas to us then we will customize the tour with best offer for you.
How to change or cancel my reservation?
- We only run private tour, so the itineraries are very flexible. You can change or amend your schedule in advance or during your trip but surcharge maybe applied according to our contract with local suppliers, hotels and airlines. Regarding cancelation terms, please check out this link: Terms & Conditions
Is myanmartours.com trusted
- www.myanmartours.com is a member of and operated by Asia Travel & Leisure Management Group. More information about us at: www.asiatravelandleisure.com
WANT TO ASK A QUESTION?
- Accommodation with daily breakfast at selected hotels/ Community House
- Private tours, transfers and all services as mentioned in the itinerary
- Services of a private driver and air–conditioned vehicles
- Service of English speaking guides in every location
- Entrance fees for all mentioned sights visited
- Meals as mentioned in the itinerary
- Meals other than those mentioned in the itinerary
- Early check–in and late check–out at hotels.
- Personal expenses (such as laundry, telephone, drinks, etc.)
- Tips for guides and drivers
- Personal travel insurance
- Visa fees (contact us for further information)
Call us on +95 944 312 1788 to speak to one of our experts or click here to request a quote.